Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Small Photo Success

It would appear that of the 31 photos I submitted to that Capture My Utah photo book, 7 were published. One of those is very, very tiny, but nonetheless it is there. This leads me to believe that regular people can actually like my photos. Now I just need to figure out how to get them to open up their wallets and pay me for it. I do have a general idea of how I need to start, but I have no money to get it done. So until someone pays me, I can't do more to convince people to pay me, and thus the vicious cycle of attempting to sell yourself out during a recession. But never mind. I just had to let that out for a moment.

Anyways. Thanks to all you who voted for me. You know who you are. Also congrats to Walt on also being a published photographer. This is the first time that I can say that I am published in a book that you can actually buy within the United States of America. I am featured in a book that exists in Taiwan, but that's another story.

6 comments:

  1. if i could pay you the right amount i might be persuaded to do so, but as it is not the case we can only hope and do our best to continue life otherwise. Congrats on the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Now where do you get the book so we can see the pictures?? I hope you at least got a free copy of the book out of the deal!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you Brandon.....

    Sorry Heather there are no free copies. Brandon and I will have to pay to have a copy like everyone else.

    I also got published with a tiny tiny image in that book out of the some 18 images I submitted, and who knows how many on the DVD (I couldn't wait it, it was too slow. the DVD has all the book images plus many more).

    Figuring out how to get people to pay is the big question....so far all inquiries of late, have ran screaming after I told them the price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray Brandon!

    Also, I could offer to pay you... if you will accept being paid in gum like on those new gum commercials... so there is that option.

    But really, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To answer Heather's question, you can see the book at some Barnes and Noble locations. They had a few copies of it at Sugarhouse anyway. Or it can be bought directly from the website www.capturemyutah.com

    ReplyDelete

Say something.