Saturday, December 12, 2009

Geek Movie of the Week #1

I don't really love Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It's not really about anything as far as I can tell. But sometimes you just need to let that geekiness wash over your soul and make you feel like a kid again






And, on another small note because I'm feeling a little bitter. Why do we allow James Cameron to call himself the King of the World. It has taken him 10 years and something like $750,000,000 dollars to make two movies, one about a sinking ship, and one about people who look like rejects from a pixar movie. Meanwhile, during the same time frame, Clint Eastwood has directed 10 movies for a fraction of the cost of one of King Cameron's movies. And Six of Clint's movies in those years have been nominated and/or won several academy awards.

I think it's time to dethrone someone from their high horse. I'm just saying'.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Clint Eastwood is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Say something.