Wednesday, December 16, 2009

GMW #2: A Christmas Movie

I think I'll just keep this geek movie thing going when I have nothing interesting to post. And in light of the yuletide season, I figure I should post a geeky christmas movie. I have been thinking all week trying to pick one. "A Christmas Story" maybe? No. Too geeky. Or perhaps "It's a Wonderful Life"? Not geeky enough. "Nightmare Before Christmas" is too creepy. I thought about "Die Hard" even. But no. "Die Hard" is way too awesome. But then I was talking to Twilight Rob at UPS and he was citing his old favorite line, and it hit me. He was yelling down to the supervisor, and he said, "Keep the change ya filthy animal!" I knew what is hands down the geekiest christmas movie ever made.

"Home Alone". The bittersweet tale of a boy who is left behind by his mother on Christmas, only to enjoy the sort of Christmas that we all secretly wish we had at least once in our life. And besides, it has Joe Pesci in it. So this holiday season, if you need to escape from reality for a while, I highly recommend it.

The scene I wanted to post will not allow embedding. So if you need a good, and proper laugh, please do follow this link to Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGTBwyVtdk

1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie growing up too.

    I think the best part of that entire you tube video is the first two seconds.

    ReplyDelete

Say something.