Thursday, December 31, 2009

GMW #4: Is It 1984 Yet?

Okay. So this one is not really a movie at all, but it is definitely geeky. I think that, in and of itself, qualifies it to be posted here. Besides, I am the boss of this blog, and I'll do what I want, Snickerdoodle!

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you get a certain song stuck in your head and it won't go away no matter how many times you slam your hand in the car door on purpose. I'm having that sort of crisis here except that it's not a song. It's a super bowl commercial from the year 1984. If you are a true geek then you know exactly where this is going already.

Whenever I close my eyes I see this spectacle played out before my mind's eye. Over, and over, and over again, in the pristine, glorious detail that only my twisted memory can provide. So I am hoping that posting it here will exorcise it from my brain, sort of like that part in The Ring when Naomi Watts saves herself by putting the filthy video back out into the world again. It can not be stopped.



So thanks Ridley Scott. And someone please tell me why this is happening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.