Saturday, December 26, 2009

GMW #3: Brick

"I've got five senses and I slept last night, which puts me six up on the lot of you."

Now that Christmas is over, let's get down to business and watch some bad-ass movies once again. Last night Trent was showing me and Rachel 500 Days Summer, which was completely awesome, by the way. But it got me thinking about the little known national treasure we have that is called Joseph Gordon Levitt. He may be perfectly adorable in 500 Days, sure. But you can't know him like I do until you have seen him get punched in the face a few dozen times.

Brick is a hard-boiled detective story like the kind they used to make in the fifties, except that it takes place in a high school. And that's a high-school unlike any I have ever known, even in West Valley. Everyone is filthy to the core, and the man won't stop until he has dragged his face thoroughly through that dirt. It's a soulless and beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.