Friday, March 27, 2009

Photoshop Endeavors



Raw image from the camera.



The old version as posted on my photo blog a couple of months ago


and the newest, most photoshopped version of them all.


I have decided to post these here as an example of how photoshop quickly gets out of hand. Can you really tell the difference? Sometimes I even have a hard time telling myself. The difference between the second and third one is mostly minor color issues, but the differences between the first and second amount to hours of torturing myself.

The problem with modern technology is that it allows one to become ultra nit-picky, and perfectionist. Actually, it doesn't just allow it, rather it requires it. Everything is scrutinized on a higher level than ever before, especially by people who have no idea what they are talking about, and it can drive a would-be photographer completely bonkers. One can spend years perfecting these things and never actually get anything done at all.

I have been working on my current portfolio for years and years. I will admit that my laziness and procrastination has mostly been the cause of my inability to just get it done. But getting these things done is not nearly as easy as it seems when you start out. Now I am at a point where I am ready to get my website up, but alas I have no money to deal with the financial requirements of said website. Nothing is free. There are ways to do super cheap, almost free websites, but if you go that route than you will not be taken seriously. Because after all, in the world of photography the people who will hire you want to see that you are capable of spending huge sums of money at all times. This is how they know that you are successful.

Nevertheless, I am trying to remain positive. I am seeking creative solutions to the problem. My overthinking mind is on the task now, and I hope to get something done sometime soon. I am trying hard not to let myself fall into the comfort zone of my dreary UPS night job. It would be easy enough to just give in and accept the life that has been given me, but no I refuse to do that just yet. I must insist on living the life I choose, for better or worse.

Time's up. The computer will soon cut me off at the library. See y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.