Friday, March 6, 2009

Digging Through Old Photos




I have been hard at work searching through piles of film from my college days, trying to find stuff that is worth transferring to digital for my new portfolio, or other sundry purposes of dubious value. My current financial situation is preventing me from getting my website up and running, because I am broke. But I figure the best stragegy is to get as prepared as possible so that when I have some cash I can throw it all down with ease and simplicity.

Therefore, I was going through the hundreds of photos I took of the Hunter High School football team back in 2002 for a Documentary Photography class, trying to find the good ones again. In this search I found some ones that I have never really looked at before. I guess that is not that strange considering that I took about 600 photos for the project and only used 10 for the final presentation. Still I was surprised to find some really cool ones that I don't remember at all, like the one above.

I probably overlooked it because of the weird focus and motion blur that is going on, but there is such an intense energy and the scene of the entire team rushing at me from behind the guy in the foreground has brought back all the wild craziness of being down there on the field with those guys. It's the only way to watch football. I've rarely been able to get into a football game again from the dull safety of my living room.

Anyway, that project is some of the best photography I have had the pleasure of doing, and I will be posting a lot of them on my photo blog soon, but I just wanted to post this one here, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.