Sunday, March 22, 2009

Breaking Away From Boredom

To break away from the boredom of our dull existence, my little sister and I headed up into the mountains of Big Cottonwood Canyon to take some random photos. Nothing wakes you up early on a Saturday morning than a random drive into the high alpine coldness that is the Wasatch Mountains in March, especially when you have no real objective at all.


My little sister always wants to do this. I have no idea why because she doesn't take any pictures, nor does she like to have her picture taken. Nevertheless she sometimes finds herself in the frame. That is just one of the perils of hanging out with me.


Thanks to Walt, I have learned some spiffy new photoshop tricks that have allowed this photograph, at Storm Mountain pass, to look pretty decent in spite of the fact that I took it on my untrusty, old Nikon D70 that I want to drop kick into a pile of excrement, if only I could afford a Nikon D700, alas.


The light can be pretty magical and intense at Storm Mountain in the morning. I dig it.


And of course, what journey into the mountains would be complete without taking a picture of some random trees? The answer to that question is, 'no journey is complete without such a picture.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of those trees is what makes me fall in love with Utah all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Say something.