Monday, November 1, 2010

The Wedding Daze Part 2: The Ceremony

*All photos by Somer Ahonen

I proceeded downstairs with a bunch of dudes a few minutes before the ceremony was scheduled to begin. I have never seen a wedding happen on time, but I figured I better be early, just in case. After all, we men have no real excuse to take any longer than absolutely necessary. We don't have to wear a dress or anything. So we were ready.



I went with our wedding officiant, Mike Braxton, to the Gazebo to wait for our cue. He asked me how I was feeling? I wasn't really nervous at all. In fact, I hadn't really become nervous at any point leading up to this wedding. Rachel often said she was sorry to be the weird one freaking out about everything. I was more sorry to be the weird one not freaking out about everything. That's not normal at all. Nevertheless, I was pretty calm.



I looked around at the entire scene and soaked it all in for a moment. I figured this might be my last chance to look at the place with any level of objectivity. So I looked at everything and it was all amazing. It was far more beautiful than I ever expected, and the day was perfect. It did make me a little misty, but I stopped those tears in their tracks. I figured I better save them for now. We men only have a limited amount, after all.

We could not see it, but the photography shows us that the beautiful women, and especially the gorgeous bride, were making their way down the long stairs without any mishaps, only a very few minutes behind schedule.



We finally got our cue and walked over to where it was going to happen. I stood and smiled at everyone in the wedding party as they walked down to the music that was playing somewhere. Maybe I was a little nervous at this point. When Rachel walked out the door I looked something like this:



What a dork, right? And then I started to cry. Nevertheless, Mike Braxton kept things under control and made sure I was able to walk forward and greet Rachel and her dad at the end of the aisle. Then there was some talking, and then we said "I do." And then it was all over, and we were married for real. And then I cried a lot more, in all the right ways. Who knew I could be all emotional and stuff.







It was the best wedding ceremony ever. We signed the papers to satisfy The Man. And then it was on to the photo session.







1 comment:

  1. You seriously cried like gay man who just lost his favorite pair of heels.

    ReplyDelete

Say something.