Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GMW #6: Spinal Tap: and some revions to the format

I have decided that this geeky theme is not quite satisfactory. So this series will now become Leonard and Loki At The Movies. That's right. I will now let my cats review a movie of the week. After all, they sit around all day doing nothing but sleeping and watching movies, the bums. So who better for the job. This weeks selection is This Is Spinal Tap.

The classic rock mockumentary that is so bad that it must be real. This music video comes from the special features. And yes, it is offensive.



Loki
A masterpiece. Never have so many tongues been stretched to such an awesome magnitude. The part about the amplifiers going up to 11 is some of the best dialogue in the history of the cinema. The songs are all tour-de-force performances with the kind of depth and weird eroticism that any true fan of rock could ever hope for. I see nothing funny at all about this movie, but it made me cry a lot.

Leonard
This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. It celebrates everything that is wrong with our modern pop culture. I hate it. And anybody who likes it should be immediately neutered.

Loki
You are neutered yourself.

Leonard
Let it not be said that I do not stand behind my convictions.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! (Not the movie, but Leonard and Lokie at the movies.) I have never seen it. (The movie that is.) I can't wait for another movie review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Leonard and Loki are tough critics.

    I hope they don't judge me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty snobby when it comes to movies. But they love everybody.

    ReplyDelete

Say something.