Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Long Week of Learning and Stuff

First, something a bit disturbing, and funny, and beautiful all at the same time.



That is one of the strangest, and best commercials I have seen in a very long time, and it was also the highlight of my work day. This week I am being trained how to be a UPS driver. All week long. Most of that consists of sitting around in a training room watching videos about hazardous materials, and memorizing a lot of things word-for-word so that I can pass silly tests.

Today was dedicated entirely to safety for 8 straight hours. We watched a lot of boring videos. A few really scary ones. (Don't ever drive a car. It's not worth it, I say.) But that one made me smile, and cry a little. Then we did some tutorials on the computer which made me want to punch myself in the face and die.

I don't really understand why the entire week of training to be a UPS driver requires all this sitting around, and only a couple of hours of actual driving. But it's forty hours of easy money, and I guess it does beat working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.