Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vacation Time

So, I took this week of my paid vacation in June for no apparent reason. It's been a very long time since I had a good break from UPS, so I figured I would just chill out and spend a lot of time doing loads of nothing, or maybe whatever happened. This is how it all went down.

Monday
Woke up at some point in the afternoon and took my laundry over to my parents house to do some laundry, post some blogs, eat some donuts, etc. Then I went over to Rachel's house for a little while. Then I went home and watched the movie Outlander, which I got from my local Blockbuster. It's about a guy who crash lands his spaceship in the time of the Vikings. (Don't ask me.) He was chasing some evil alien monsters when he crashed, and so he has to enlist the help of the vikings to fight the aliens, and avenge the destruction of his home planet. Let's just say that it was totally bad ass!



Tuesday
Woke up around noon and called up my sister, Amelia, so that we could hang out. (She is on vacation too). We ended up going fishing first at Washington Lake, then at Crystal Lake, then Trial Lake. I didn't actually do any fishing. I just sat in the warm sun on my camping chair, sipping at some Rhubarb soda, and read a lot of The Gargoyle. It was good times.



Then we went home and watched Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, and ate fishes. It was an evening of tasteful hilarity all around.



Wednesday
I took my car to Discount Tires to get some new tires, and order a new wheel for my spare that was destroyed on my last journey to the Spiral Jetty. I bided my time by reading a lot more of The Gargoyle. Then I went down South to jam with my heavy metal band. We have this new drummer who is going to take us to a whole new level of wrath. Life will never be the same after you have heard the noise we are concocting in various basements of West, and South Jordan.

After I had blasted my own ear drums into oblivion with those dudes I went to my parents house to watch some X-Files with Amelia. We finally finished Season 4. So now we can begin watching Season 5 which has remained unopened since Rachel bought it for me at Christmas.



Thursday
I ended up spending most of the day with Rachel. We went and saw Transformers 2, which absolutely sucked to the max, unfortunately. This has been a terrible year for movies, but Transformers 2 brings it down to a level of badness that has not been often reached since the nineties. After that debacle we headed over to Mikado for some sushi. I tried this new roll called the Bushido Roll. It was very excellent. I highly recommend it.

After all was said and done we just spent a bit of quality time back at her house. It's nice to just hang out sometimes. We watched the first two episodes of Big Love which, I must say, is much creepier than it usually gets credit for. I dig it.

Friday
Woke up all discombobulated at 10 AM with a text message about some photos. So I spent several hours on my computer finishing the wedding photos from last week that I had procrastinated a bit on, dropped off a disc to the right people, drove down to Discount Tires to pick up my new spare and then to Rachel's house to let her dog out, and watch him try to get at the neighbor's dogs through the fence for a while.

Then it was time to drive down to the UC to see the Lehi rodeo with Rachel and Trent and KaraLee and Ryan. I have never seen a rodeo before so I was pretty pumped. But then it rained like hell on us, which kind of took the piss out of it all. Nevertheless it was good, cowboy times.









Saturday
Now it is Saturday. I processed some photos. I laid around. I started to watch a Terence Mallick film that I have been looking for for years. I found it at my local blockbuster. It's called Days of Heaven, and like all Terence Mallick films it is incredibly beautiful.



Now I am relaxing at Rachel's house again. Later we are going to the Real Salt Lake game, another first for me. I have never been to a soccer game. It should be awesome. At least it will give me a chance to wear my jersey that I also got from Rachel. I intend to represent like a real soccer fan.

All in all it has been a fairly successful vacation. I don't want to go back to work. If you do want to go back to work after vacation then it was a bad vacation. I have had a few of those in my time. But this one was just about right. And I still have tonight and tomorrow, in which I plan to do a whole lot of nothing again, or whatever else happens.

1 comment:

Say something.